Here the Monasteries of Rousanou/St. Barbara (front), St. Nicholas Anapausas (back) & Great Meteoron (right).
The Meteora (literally in Greek middle of the sky, suspended in the air or in the heavens above) is a formation of immense monolithic pillars & hills-like huge rounded boulders which dominate the local area. In the 9th century AD, an ascetic group of hermit monks moved up to the ancient pinnacles. they were the first people to inhabit Metéora since the Neolithic Era. They lived in hollows and fissures in the rock towers, some as high as 1800 ft (550m) above the plain. More than 20 monasteries were built, beginning in the 14th century. Six remain today.
These nudibranches are so beautiful. This one was 3 to 4cm. They like cold water. So in temperature more than 22 C degrees they dissapear. Underwater photography is one of the most fascinating hobbies.
The "Mediterranean Sky" in Elefsina bay (Athens, Greece) 2003 year-long abandonment and a bad weather decided to end. like other shipwrecks, is still there, loaded with the memories of thousands of people who traveled with him and loved it. Although half-submerged not even 100 meters from the coast, Mediterranean Sky insists on showing us the nobility that he had when he was traveling.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.